Tuesday, February 25, 2014

New Beginnings

I've never been much of a blogger, but I have taken a look at some blogs that people have created, and I have become excited to create my own, especially as a missionary. So let me introduce myself. My name is Sister Tonia Russon, I go by Sister Russon on my mission but that doesn't fly on Facebook. I am 23 years old. I have been on my mission for about 8 months now and I have loved all of it! People always ask me where I am from, and that's always fun to try to answer. I was born in Salt Lake City, Utah and moved to Edmonton Alberta Canada when I was four. We lived there for a little over a year when we moved to Norman, Oklahoma. After five years there we moved to Clinton, Connecticut and lived there for about four and a half years when we moved to Tooele, Utah. I lived there for three years and then moved to Provo, Utah for school. I don't really feel like Utah is home because of how short my residence in Tooele was and that I was only living in Provo for school. I tend to claim Connecticut, or just North America because it covers everything. I love moving around! You get to experience so many different people and cultures, well American Cultures, and climates too! I was raised a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and have loved every moment of being a member. I was not your typical teenage girl. When I was in high school in CT some of my favorite music was religious music, and I incorporated my beliefs in all of my English papers. And I attended a church religious class before school started, and even in 7th grade I could not wait to be in high school so I could wake up early in the morning to go to this class. Moving to Utah was an adjustment from not living in Utah, even being a member of the LDS faith, so many people were Mormon, and it was different coming from a town where almost no one was Mormon. I finished high school and was able to attend college and Utah Valley University and finish 62 credits majoring in Deaf Studies with and emphasis in Education. While studying general studies and ASL classes I also studied ballroom dance. I also enjoy oil painting, though I'm not that good. I love reading books, they help me escape and see new places. I love spending time with my family and friends and love to talk! Through out my life I have seen my testimony grown and become bigger and stronger, but nothing has helped that more than coming to serve a mission in Anaheim California area. I have had the chance to share with others my beliefs and my faith to help them see how it will be a benefit and blessing in their lives as it has mine. I have come to love this gospel so much! It's everything to me! I would be nothing without the Gospel of Christ. I have come out here to serve others and love others, but I honestly have found more benefits for me while out here. I know that what the Prophet Benjamin said in the Book of Mormon is true when he said, "And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellowbeings ye are only in the service of your God," (Mosiah 2:17).  And as we serve God, He is obligated to bless us, D&C 82:10. This is a new beginning for me, and the first of many posts to follow. I want to share more with you what I have learned, how the Spirit of the Lord has blessed and benefited my live, and how my testimony grows. I hope that as I learn and grow more and strengthen my relationship with my Father in Heaven that I can help someone else in their search for happiness and peace too. Please feel free to ask any questions, and I will do my best to answer them. You can also find me on Facebook under Tonia Russon, pretty sure I'm the only Tonia Russon on Facebook, I just checked ;). And I'm on mormon.org too! But I am here to help and to uplift all I can! John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

No comments:

Post a Comment